Outdoor Leisure Amenities for Deal
Parks and Gardens
- Victoria Park, Park Avenue, Deal is an open grassed area, adjacent to the Tides Leisure Complex and Deal Indoor Tennis Centre. The grounds are used for a variety of leisure activities including football, tennis, bowls and skateboarding/in-line skating. A children’s play area and teen shelter are provided and the Deal gym club is sited at the town end of the site. See webpage.
- North Deal Playing Fields are an informal recreation area for residents of North Deal. For more details, see webpage.
- Marke Wood, Dover Road, Walmer features facilities for football, cricket and tennis, an attractive garden area and a play area for young children; see webpage.
- Betteshanger Country Park opened at the end of May 2007. Created on land formerly part of the Betteshanger Colliery, the 120-hectare park and nature reserve features first-class cycling and horse riding facilities and extensive landscaping with woodland, lakes, open areas and walking trails. Offers a programme of activities and events for all ages. It is open every day of the week, April-October 9am-6pm; November-March 9am-4.30pm. The entrance to the Park is off the A258 Deal-Sandwich road, a mile north of Deal. For more details see their website or call 01304 615390.
- Deal Pier offers popular facilities for anglers, refreshments and, not least, a fine view of the Deal and Walmer seafronts. For more details, see these websites: Deal Pier and Dover Council (Deal Pier).
- Walmer Green provides a pleasant open grass area for informal recreation alongside the beach. The site includes the Royal Marines memorial bandstand, used each Sunday throughout the summer for free concerts. In the last two weeks of July each year, the Green hosts a funfair as part of the Deal and Walmer Regatta festivities.
- Walmer Paddling Pool, The Seafront, opp. The Strand, Walmer. Paddling pool (children of 10 years and under), changing accommodation, toilets and a refreshment kiosk. More information: see facebook page or call 01304 373399.
For indoor sports facilities and community halls, please see this page.